Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Meeting Tar Heels



Have you had the chance to meet any Tar Heel players or coaches?  

Have you met any famous people or maybe someone who caused you to go speechless?

I would love to hear your stories and see the pictures of your fortunes and good luck when it comes to this.  You can share here in the comments for stories, on twitter if short enough, through email (I may share some good ones here), or on Google Plus.

Tar Heels
I have been lucky enough to meet Roy Williams twice, once getting him to sign a hat for me! I also got a jersey signed before a game by: Marcus Ginyard, Mike Copeland, Bobby Frasor, Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington, Brandon Wright, Danny Green, Reyshawn Terry, Will Graves, Coach McGrath, and Coach Robinson.

Obviously, at games I have seen many more than this, but no up close opportunities.



Others
For basketball at the Final Four in '09 at Hoops City I got the chance to meet and get autographs from Blake Griffin, James "The Beard" Harden, and Jodie Meeks.  Also, was one away from getting Stephen Curry!

Back when Ohio State went to the Final Four with Michael Redd and Coach Jim O'Brian, I got Redd's, Coach O'Brian's autographs along with Scoonie Penn and Ken Johnson.

As far as other sports and famous people, at a Colts game I got Tony Dungy's autograph!
Just a couple weeks ago I saw CC Sabathia in the San Diego Zoo although he was on a golf cart tour so didn't really meet him or get his autograph or anything.
Last one is when I was young, I saw George Foreman walking through the Mall of America in Minnesota.  Again, didn't really meet him or get an autograph and way before cell phone cameras so no picture, but pretty cool and very big man!

Now it's your turn!
That's all I have, but would love to hear your stories, see your pictures or at the very least hear what Tar Heels and others you have had the fortune of meeting or maybe must see in person.

Twitter: @AllTarHeelDan or @UNCHoopsTalk
GooglePlus: +Dan DeWitt
Email: UNCHoopsTalk@gmail.com

Go Heels!



No comments:

Post a Comment